Congratulations! You have taken a good decision to protect the paint job of your car from pollutants, contaminants, and minor damage. No matter if you choose enamel protection film to protect your car’s paint job or ceramic coat, these products require extra attention.
Let’s examine some tips that will keep your car in great condition for longer.
You’ll find that your vehicle doesn’t get as dirty anymore, even though you must still wash it regularly.
1. After Installation Do Not Touch the Films
It could take several days (at minimum 48 hours) for the protection to dry and settle. You should avoid touching the film for approximately one week after it has been installed. It is okay to have some bubbling. After curing is complete, it should cease.
Low temperatures or high humidity could slow down curing.
2. After installation don’t wash your car
Do not wash your car while the film is drying and curing. The film should not be driven in. However, you should be cautious about applying pressure to the coating if you cannot avoid driving. It can help you avoid problems during curing.
3. Cleaning Is A Skill That Can Be Learned.
Commercial car washes should be stopped after the film has been installed. While it might be hard to stop using them, they will make the coating last much longer.
- It is best to visit these car washes once in a while. Use a pressure washer away from the film’s edges.
- Apply car soap with a clean microfiber mitt.
- Use sop to clean hard-to-get-clean spots for several minutes.
- Add 99% alcohol to make it harder.
- Use a microfiber towel to dry the coating.
- Do not use brushes, terrycloth, or paper products to clean your car coated. They will dull or damage the surface.
- Get rid of all dirt and bugs immediately. They can leave permanent marks in the film.
- Pay attention to areas where dirt builds up around the edges.
- Never use abrasive materials.
4. Invest in Cleaning Products of High Quality
Do not use low-quality car shampoos. It may contain harsh chemicals which damage the film or Cullen its coating. Consider shampoos with lubrication agents.
A microfiber mitt should be specifically designed for car care when purchased.
If waxing the film is something you plan to do, be sure to avoid using Naphtha or Kerosene in a concentration higher than 5%. Avoid waxes that contain dyes.
Ceramic Coating Maintenance Tips
It is similar to how you maintain the XPEL paint protector film. Here are some tips.
1. Wash Your Car 2 Times per Month
Your car doesn’t have to be spotless, but it should still be cleaned every other week. The coating can remain in mint condition.
2. Avoid Direct Sunlight Washing the Car
Indirect sunlight, heat can cause damage to the coating. Shade or inside a garage are good options.
3. Separate Batteries and Mitts to Wheels
Tires accumulate small abrasive materials from the road. If you use one microfiber mitt for the tires and the body of the car, it could cause damage to the coating.
The ceramic coating and the paint protection film should be remembered that they are not “bulletproof”. Even though your maintenance will be simplified, you still have to maintain your vehicle.
For a long-lasting dealer look, make sure you invest in good-quality washing gear and avoid harsh products.
Auto protective Offer a vast array of new car paint protective coating services. Contact us today to learn more about ceramic coatings, paint protection film Brisbane and how they can be maintained